We at VWM Wealth are proud to have been awarded Chartered Financial Planner status, which we have held since 2013.
As a Chartered firm we have satisfied rigorous criteria relating to professional qualification and ethical good practice laid out by our professional body, the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). This means you can be confident that we are wholly committed to providing you with the best possible advice, service, and support.
Corporate Chartered Financial Planner status is the gold standard of our profession and the highest mark of trust and professionalism, we have a strong commitment to the professional development of our people, and high engagement with our professional body the CII and our many professional connections.
When you use a Chartered firm, you are dealing with proven professionals. Further details of what this means for you can be found here.
The Pension Transfer Gold Standard
We are pleased to announce that VWM have been accredited with the Pension Transfer Gold Standard. The ‘Gold Standard’ is a voluntary code which was introduced in 2019 by the Pensions Advice Taskforce and aimed to help consumers recognise good practice as well as ethical and professional standards when seeking financial advice on their safeguarded pensions (such as Defined benefit pensions).
The ‘Gold Standard’ is further proof of our commitment to championing best practice in our profession and continuing to provide the highest standard of advice with safeguarded pensions, and we do this by adhering to the following core principles:
- Helping clients understand when advice is appropriate
- Ensuring advice given supports the clients’ overall well-being in the context of their stated objectives
- Ensuring client understanding and acceptance of all charges
- Ensuring the most appropriate and updated technical skills are applied
- Transparent management of Conflicts of Interest
- Helping clients understand the cost of transferring benefits
- Avoiding unregulated investments and introducers
- Transparency in advice processes and outcomes
- Promoting the Consumer Guide to the Pension Transfer Gold Standard
More information about the Pension Transfer Gold Standard is available here.